Obviously, something went wrong
One very dead plant. After much clicking around and several tutorials later, I realized a needed a wick so that the water could travel up to the plant. This was not in the directions provided by the container company.
So, I went to the hardware store and purchased this
1) Dump everything out on a tarp/sheet
2) Make sure the holes are large enough to drop the rope and tubing down into the reserve of water
3) Add tubing and/or rope into the holes making sure to leave a long enough tail so that it will reach the plant(s)
once the tubing is inserted, slide a piece of rope through to act as the wick
4) Put back the fabric paper (this keeps the holes from getting clogged by dirt) and add back some of the soil mix.
5) Place the plant at the proper height making sure the wick comes in contact with the root-ball
6) Add remaining soil and additional plants if desired